1. Bhagat Singh Koshyari was born on 17 June 1942 in Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand (erstwhile Uttar Pradesh).
2. Bhagat Singh Koshyari did his masters from Almora College, Uttarakhand. He entered politics through student politics. He was also the General Secretary of the Students’ Union at Almora College in 1961-62 during his studies.
3. Koshyari also represented in the Executive Council of Kumaun University from 1979 to 1985 and again from 1988 to 1991.
4. After this Bhagat Singh Koshyari also joined the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS). He also remained in jail during the Emergency. On July 3, 1975, he was arrested for opposing the Emergency. He remained in jail till March 23, 1977.
5. Bhagat Singh Koshyari was elected a member of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Council in 1997.
6. In the year 2000, a cabinet minister was made in the interim government of Uttarakhand.
7. On 30 October 2001, he became the second Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. He was also the state BJP president during his tenure as the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. He resigned from the post of Chief Minister after the party’s defeat in the 2002 assembly elections.
There is a tussle between Shiv Sena and BJP over government formation in Maharashtra.
8. He won the election from Kapkot seat in the 2002 assembly elections.
9. He served as the Leader of the Opposition in the Legislative Assembly from 2002 to 2007.
10. In the 2007 assembly elections, he again won the Kapkot seat.
11. In 2008, Bhagat Singh Koshyari was elected a member of the Rajya Sabha.
12. In the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, he won from Nainital-Udham Singh Nagar seat.
13. Bhagat Singh Koshyari established Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Vivekananda Vidya Mandir Inter College in Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand and Saraswati Vihar Higher Secondary School in Nainital.